Founded on January 12th 1966, the FFVP brings together the 162 glider clubs and their 11,400 pilots present throughout the French territory.
The FFVP is committed to:
- organize, develop glider flight and gliding aerobatics in France
- to encourage, support and defend the activities of the affiliated sports groups
- promote the training and development of pilots and managers
- organize sports competitions at the international, national, regional and departmental levels
- develop the aeronautical spirit and encourage motivation for aeronautical careers, especially in youth
- represent the French glider flight in any place and any circumstance
The federation is made up of affiliated sports associations, affiliated profit-making organizations, departmental committees and regional committees.
The FFVP is an organization recognized by public utility. It is a direct interlocutor of the General Directorate of Civil Aviation. Sports Federation, and is attached to the Ministry of Sports; The FFVP sits on the National Council of Aeronautical and Sports Federations, and is a member of the French National Olympic Sports Committee.